CITC is now accepting Emergency Rental Assistance applications from Coharie Tribal member renters who qualify. Applications are available below and onsite on the breezeway in the big black mailbox. Information can be dropped off at the Coharie Tribal Center in the big black mailbox or emailed back to Katherine Simmons Alonso at the following email address: email@example.com
Eligible households include families that have:
- Enrolled Coharie Tribal Member
- Must reside in Sampson or Harnett County
- Income below 80 percent of the area median income
- An obligation to pay rent.
- A household member that has a reduction of income or other financial hardship due to COVID
- Experienced or are at risk of experiencing homelessness.
Eligible uses of funds include payment of:
- Rental arrears
- Utilities and home energy costs
- Utilities and home energy cost arrears
Rental assistance provided to an eligible household should not be duplicative of any other federally funded rental assistance provided to such household.
Tribal members must also provide in writing that they have experienced a reduction in income, incurred significant cost, or experienced other financial hardship due to COVID-19. This program is NOT for homeowners or tribal members with mortgages. To apply for this program, you MUST be a renter. This program is to help prevent current renters from becoming homeless or evicted. If you currently receive any type of public assistance or HUD for rent, then you DO NOT QUALIFY for this program. Applications will be processed within 21 days. Applications available under Housing under Programs on website.
For more information on this program, please contact Katherine Simmons Alonso @ 910-385-5722 Monday – Friday from 8:30 am until 5pm.